Indulge in the flavors of Mexico with our Low-Carb Keto Enchiladas Recipe. Discover a healthy twist on a classic favorite, made with mouthwatering ingredients. Try this easy, delicious, and satisfying low-carb enchilada recipe today.
Wow, these flavors are absolutely amazing! If you’ve been yearning for some Mexican goodness and you’re not strictly avoiding grains or gluten (especially in a low-carb context), then these tortillas are about to become your new favorite go-to.
Before we dive in, a little heads-up: While these tortillas are a tasty treat, they shouldn’t be a daily indulgence. It’s essential to be mindful of your macros and daily carb intake, especially with each tortilla containing 4 net carbs. Also, keep in mind that a reasonable serving is about 1-2 tortillas. With just six of these low-carb marvels in the entire recipe, you’ll quickly realize that even one tortilla can make a satisfying meal.
Speaking from my experience, a single tortilla left me feeling wonderfully full and content. However, if your daily macros allow and you’re not steering clear of gluten or grains, treating yourself to two tortillas can be quite the delight. Trust me, it’s a surefire way to please a crowd, and no one will suspect they’re low-carb tortillas.
Now, let’s talk chicken. Personally, I’m all for efficiency and deliciousness, so I opt for the rotisserie breast meat that’s conveniently prepped and waiting at Costco. It’s a time-saver and oh-so-delicious. However, how you procure the cooked chicken for this recipe is entirely up to you.
Ready to create some culinary magic? Let’s get cooking!
If you are Ready, You can Start with this FREE Keto Recipes eBook!!
For the Enchilada Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (14 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Enchilada Filling:
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1/2 cup diced bell peppers (use red, green, or a mix)
- 1/4 cup diced onions
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or your preferred cheese)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 low-carb tortillas (look for ones with around 4 net carbs each)
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Sliced jalapeños (optional)
- Sour cream (optional)
1. Prepare the Enchilada Sauce: a. In a saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. b. Add the chopped onion and minced garlic. Sauté until they become fragrant and translucent. c. Stir in the crushed tomatoes, chicken broth, chili powder, ground cumin, salt, and pepper. d. Simmer the sauce for about 10-15 minutes until it thickens slightly. Set it aside.
2. Prepare the Enchilada Filling: a. In a large mixing bowl, combine the shredded chicken, diced bell peppers, diced onions, shredded cheese, and chopped cilantro. b. Mix everything together until well combined.
3. Assemble the Enchiladas: a. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). b. Take each low-carb tortilla and spoon a portion of the chicken filling onto it. c. Roll up the tortilla and place it seam-side down in a baking dish. d. Repeat with the remaining tortillas and filling.
4. Pour on the Enchilada Sauce: a. Pour the prepared enchilada sauce evenly over the rolled tortillas in the baking dish. b. Sprinkle some additional shredded cheese on top if desired.
5. Bake: a. Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until the enchiladas are heated through, and the cheese on top is melted and bubbly.
6. Garnish and Serve: a. Remove the enchiladas from the oven and let them cool slightly. b. Garnish with chopped fresh cilantro and sliced jalapeños if you like it spicy. c. Serve hot, and you can add a dollop of sour cream if desired.
Net Carbs: The net carbs per serving will depend on the specific low-carb tortillas you use. On average, each enchilada with the sauce is likely to have around 6-8 grams of net carbs.
Enjoy your delicious Keto Enchiladas!